Skip to main content
 I'VE STARTED, SO I'LL FINISH

I've painted some boxes with a first coat of Annie Sloan duck egg blue chalk paint  I really want to put some kind of embellishment on the ends of them, perhaps my favourite flowers, one on each box, but can't quite decide.  I should have finished more of them, but I've been watching the Winter Olympics and loving it, especially the skiing and snowboarding events - totally in awe of the feats they achieve.


I also found a bag of small granny squares tucked away in my craft cupboard (it's getting less cluttered by the day) and thought I would crochet some more to make a small project bag.  I have a few  unfinished WIP's lurking about so I've made myself a promise to finish them before starting anything new. 


Maybelle Squares...there are more.


Solid Granny squares... cot blanket?  Just need someone with a baby!


Round cushion cover.....almost complete.


There is a basket full of stuff that I haven't examined too closely. I feel the above are enough for the moment.

I'm looking forward to meeting up with a bunch of friends today. We all try to get together every couple of months, some make it, other's don't, but today we should all be there.  It's come at a great time, as I've been feeling quite low for some reason and there's always a lot of laughter when we get together.

We're meeting at a garden centre cafe so I will be able to have a mooch about afterwards, looking at seed potatoes.  Well, time is running on and I have all my egg boxes ready for chitting!

My flowers are going over slightly now (yes, Mr. broke the rules and got be flowers and chocs)



He loved his heart coaster, but I felt a bit of a cheapskate.  I did offer to share my chocs, which he refused. He always says they're wasted on him, and I'm not going to disagree.

I know it's all over now, but we did take a pic of Elsie to send to the group that rescued her, which is so sweet.


Now I'd better get a wiggle on, things to do before I head out. Bye.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TULIPS,  SOURDOUGH,  MANDALAS...OH, AND SNOW! I cannot believe we are already almost halfway through February.....where did January go for goodness sake? I've been treating myself to tulips, for which I'm a bit of a sucker, with this delicious bunch reminding me of rhubarb and custard sweets f or some reason. My affection for tulips at this time of year stems from the fact that they don't elicit itchy watery eyes and snotty, sniffly noses, symptoms that daffodils do.  Having said that, I have some Tete a Tete in the kitchen that will be coming into flower soon, so better stock up on the tissues. This bunch also called to me.....well, you can't have too many can you? I thought how nice they would look with  some sort of matching doily underneath them and a mandala sprang to mind.  I chose to this pattern one for it's design and colour palette and it proved to be an easy little make. The photo does not show the true colours, quelle suprise, as the ligh
SPRING HAS SPRUNG! Windows and doors have been flung open in the last few days,  to let in the unusually warm air.  I'm breaking out my summer clothing already!  Can't last Mr says, as there is a cold snap coming.... what a happy little soul! We've  moved the bench to the top of the garden again, as the lengthening days mean the sun remains there the longest.  It was still light at 6.00pm yesterday and we made the most of it sitting watching the birds on the feeder,  robins,  great, tufted, blue and long tailed tits, sparrows, when suddenly a sparrow hawk swooped straight across the garden and sadly that was the last of the bird activity, as they all had the sense to stay hidden.  Last year a sparrow hawk did this, again right in front of us, but it took a bird, which although is only nature at its rawest,  was still quite shocking. It's much the same when we walk the dogs, with skylarks swooping about in pairs, performing what I imagine is their courting r
IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR Trying to summon up the Christmas spirit here.  I normally love this time of year, but I just can't muster any enthusiasm at the moment. I broke out the Christmas mugs and indulged in a frothy, cream topped latte...nothing. Mr put up some decorations and lit our little 'ting, ting', as I call it, to try and trigger my Christmas spirit. He put up one of the indoor Christmas trees, which I decorated, whilst sipping a snowball, which did raise the spirits somewhat. I just feel like my brain is in a fug and have for a couple of weeks now.  I even struggled when I met up with my girlfriends a couple of days ago last week, finding it hard to contribute to the conversation.  I'm putting it down to the time of year, but I've also not been looking after myself properly, I know that.  Back to the healthy, more probiotic diet I think, just till Christmas proper arrives and I have plenty of it in the house.  When I was eating p