Skip to main content
LURGY LAZINESS

I've been feeling really cruddy recently because of a nasty cold that Mr. felt the need to share and it was just as our lovely girl came to visit.

It was great having her here, but our nights were late (lots of laughter though) and it caught up with me.  I had started to feel better, then today after four huge sneezes it was back. How does that happen?

The weather today is atrocious, with rain and the wind blowing a hooley,  so I thought, why rush to get up!  I lolled in bed with my Nordic shawl and did a few more rows of colour.  Mr. had a lie in but then decided he was hungry, so went and made us a lovely cooked breakfast, cheesy scrambled eggs, bacon, baked beans and hash browns... it was delicious!


Although it looks quite bright outside, it definitely wasn't!


We did get some lovely weather though this week on our daily afternoon dog walks and unfortunately, feeling diabolical does not get you out of 'walkies'.


Mr. also went to the allotment to harvest us some veggies...leeks and parsnips.


Cavelo Nero and cury kale...I adore this stuff.


I peeled and par-boiled the parsnips, before open freezing them for roasting later.  The leeks were washed, sliced and sauteed in butter and white wine and apportioned into freezer bags for use in soups, stews and cheese and leek tarts.

Despite the vile weather today, the dogs guilted us into taking them out, but that was short lived as even they weren't enjoying it, so it was home again to stoke up the fire and snuggle down to watch the Winter Olympics and catch the England -v- Wales ruby match.


We're due sunny weather tomorrow, fingers crossed, and I'm itching to get onto the allotment for a tidy up.  I'm hoping an early night with a hot Canadian Club toddy (CC, maple syrup, freshly squeezed orange juice and hot water) will get me on the right foot for a day of activity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SPRING HAS SPRUNG! Windows and doors have been flung open in the last few days,  to let in the unusually warm air.  I'm breaking out my summer clothing already!  Can't last Mr says, as there is a cold snap coming.... what a happy little soul! We've  moved the bench to the top of the garden again, as the lengthening days mean the sun remains there the longest.  It was still light at 6.00pm yesterday and we made the most of it sitting watching the birds on the feeder,  robins,  great, tufted, blue and long tailed tits, sparrows, when suddenly a sparrow hawk swooped straight across the garden and sadly that was the last of the bird activity, as they all had the sense to stay hidden.  Last year a sparrow hawk did this, again right in front of us, but it took a bird, which although is only nature at its rawest,  was still quite shocking. It's much the same when we walk the dogs, with skylarks swooping about in pairs, performing what I imagine is their courting r
IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR Trying to summon up the Christmas spirit here.  I normally love this time of year, but I just can't muster any enthusiasm at the moment. I broke out the Christmas mugs and indulged in a frothy, cream topped latte...nothing. Mr put up some decorations and lit our little 'ting, ting', as I call it, to try and trigger my Christmas spirit. He put up one of the indoor Christmas trees, which I decorated, whilst sipping a snowball, which did raise the spirits somewhat. I just feel like my brain is in a fug and have for a couple of weeks now.  I even struggled when I met up with my girlfriends a couple of days ago last week, finding it hard to contribute to the conversation.  I'm putting it down to the time of year, but I've also not been looking after myself properly, I know that.  Back to the healthy, more probiotic diet I think, just till Christmas proper arrives and I have plenty of it in the house.  When I was eating p
TULIPS,  SOURDOUGH,  MANDALAS...OH, AND SNOW! I cannot believe we are already almost halfway through February.....where did January go for goodness sake? I've been treating myself to tulips, for which I'm a bit of a sucker, with this delicious bunch reminding me of rhubarb and custard sweets f or some reason. My affection for tulips at this time of year stems from the fact that they don't elicit itchy watery eyes and snotty, sniffly noses, symptoms that daffodils do.  Having said that, I have some Tete a Tete in the kitchen that will be coming into flower soon, so better stock up on the tissues. This bunch also called to me.....well, you can't have too many can you? I thought how nice they would look with  some sort of matching doily underneath them and a mandala sprang to mind.  I chose to this pattern one for it's design and colour palette and it proved to be an easy little make. The photo does not show the true colours, quelle suprise, as the ligh