Skip to main content
TULIPS AND TEACUPS

My blooms are almost spent, but I do love them at this stage as you can see the inner workings, so to speak, which are so beautiful.



I bought these colours, as that's all that was left in the shop at the time, but it's the yellow ones that truly make my heart sing.


A few in the kitchen.



I put some in what we call 'the gaudy vase' in the dining room too.


On the home front, I've been sterilising my cups and mugs today -  yes, I know, I lead such a glamorous life.  I'm not a hygiene freak  you understand, it's just that I hate tea stained china (and teaspoons).


We did have a dishwasher, but jointly decided to get rid of it as we actually enjoy 'doing the dishes'.  We tend to do it together - aaaah, the romance - no not really,  it's just that there's only two of us, a dishwasher seemed daft. Also, when the Aga's on, it creates so much hot water, it seems stupid not to use it.

Interestingly (or possibly, boringly) I couldn't find any sterilising liquid, my usual choice for this, so had to use tablets...not as efficient at the job though.

I am having a break from the Nordic shawl, I think it's the colour that's not inspiring me, what with all the mud I encounter on daily dog walks, Instead, I've taken a little break to crochet over some wooden hangers. More on that soon.

Mr. has been stricken with a nasty cold, which is rare for him, and he still soldiered into work, so I've roasted a leg of lamb with all the trimmings as a treat. I'm thinking I might knock up a fruit crumble as well, as they say, feed a cold starve a fever.


Smelt delicious, sadly, looked like roadkill!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SPRING HAS SPRUNG! Windows and doors have been flung open in the last few days,  to let in the unusually warm air.  I'm breaking out my summer clothing already!  Can't last Mr says, as there is a cold snap coming.... what a happy little soul! We've  moved the bench to the top of the garden again, as the lengthening days mean the sun remains there the longest.  It was still light at 6.00pm yesterday and we made the most of it sitting watching the birds on the feeder,  robins,  great, tufted, blue and long tailed tits, sparrows, when suddenly a sparrow hawk swooped straight across the garden and sadly that was the last of the bird activity, as they all had the sense to stay hidden.  Last year a sparrow hawk did this, again right in front of us, but it took a bird, which although is only nature at its rawest,  was still quite shocking. It's much the same when we walk the dogs, with skylarks swooping about in pairs, performing what I imagine is their courting r
IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR Trying to summon up the Christmas spirit here.  I normally love this time of year, but I just can't muster any enthusiasm at the moment. I broke out the Christmas mugs and indulged in a frothy, cream topped latte...nothing. Mr put up some decorations and lit our little 'ting, ting', as I call it, to try and trigger my Christmas spirit. He put up one of the indoor Christmas trees, which I decorated, whilst sipping a snowball, which did raise the spirits somewhat. I just feel like my brain is in a fug and have for a couple of weeks now.  I even struggled when I met up with my girlfriends a couple of days ago last week, finding it hard to contribute to the conversation.  I'm putting it down to the time of year, but I've also not been looking after myself properly, I know that.  Back to the healthy, more probiotic diet I think, just till Christmas proper arrives and I have plenty of it in the house.  When I was eating p
TULIPS,  SOURDOUGH,  MANDALAS...OH, AND SNOW! I cannot believe we are already almost halfway through February.....where did January go for goodness sake? I've been treating myself to tulips, for which I'm a bit of a sucker, with this delicious bunch reminding me of rhubarb and custard sweets f or some reason. My affection for tulips at this time of year stems from the fact that they don't elicit itchy watery eyes and snotty, sniffly noses, symptoms that daffodils do.  Having said that, I have some Tete a Tete in the kitchen that will be coming into flower soon, so better stock up on the tissues. This bunch also called to me.....well, you can't have too many can you? I thought how nice they would look with  some sort of matching doily underneath them and a mandala sprang to mind.  I chose to this pattern one for it's design and colour palette and it proved to be an easy little make. The photo does not show the true colours, quelle suprise, as the ligh